The Parish of Aston Rowant does, in fact, comprise the two villages of Aston Rowant and Kingston Blount plus the three hamlets of Kingston Stert, Chalford and Copcourt. A fourth hamlet - Kingston Lilly, was located on Kinston Hill but its actual site is unknown. The total population of the Parish in 1990 was just under 1000.
The Parish history probably dates from the early Anglo Saxon period, the village and hamlets all being mentioned in the Domesday Book 1086AD. "Aston" was originally "East Ton" and "Rowant" derives from the Rohant family, Lords of the Manor in the fourteenth century.
"Kingston" was originally "Chingstone", its name is in the Domesday Book and "Blount" comes from the family of that name who were Lords of the Manor in the 13th and 14th centuries.
The Parish has two distinct halves - the wooded slopes of the Chilterns to the south and the agricultural plain to the north. Apart from farming , the main local employment is in the two substantial stud farms in Aston Rowant. However, many of the residents now commute to other places such as Oxford, Aylesbury, Thame, High Wycombe and London, which is very accessible via a 365 day a week, 24 hours a day coach service.
Nevertheless, there is a thriving community life and major events include Aston Rowant Cricket Club and point-to-point racing.
The Ridgeway Long Distance Path (Icknield Way) passes through the Parish from east to west along the foot of the Chilterns.